Saturday, April 7, 2012

Again – Koresma Getaway to Bantayan, Island

Sta. Fe Port
 I’ve been here many times and will for sure came back again it’s a place that you will always missed. Indeed Sta. Fe, Bantayan Island is a top local tourist destination during holyweek and also a fiesta of Bantayan, Bantayan Island. Let see whats up for 2012 my 2nd Holyweek Getaway.
Right before holyweek all dates are planned to where to stay and whom to go with. Spend the special season of faith and church time is never forgotten. It’s a season of strong faith that marks as a Christian.  I know its gonna be a busy travel period for its long holiday.


from hagnaya going to sta.fe 

I took a bus from Lapu-lapu city to north bus terminal taking to Medellin, Cebu ( northern town of Cebu my hometown)  it took me about 4 hours as there is a major road renovation and it will for sure be helpful in the future normal ride takes about 2 and half or 3 hours. Bus is extremely busy of course it’s a peak season.  I ride air-conditioned Ceres Bus fare was 140. I spend days at home with family.
From Medellin it took me around 20-30minutes ride via tricycle to hagnaya port ( San Remegio) were shuttle ferry and island shipping RORO going to Sta. Fe, Bantayan Port it’s a about 1 hr and 20minutes and fare for students is 145, regular is 170. It’s kinda fast now as before it took me almost 2 hours. 

beach of sta. fe view from port

Tricycle
trisikad or pedalbike

dine in here - carenderia
 I arrived Sta. Fe with empty stomach I’m craving for breakfast but right within a lot of carenderia or small restaurants its doesn’t cost much. Well I need to go Sugar Beach. hmmmmp been here last year but this year with new company. I like to walk from port to sugar beach I don’t really think its far enough as walking will be fun just to look around it’s not that hot yet as its early morning. So I had a walk. But if you can’t you can ride trisikad or pedal bike for about 20pesos each. J  Well it saves me plus I got a hike exercise.
If you have your own car you can bring it here in Bantayan Island its more convenient for group of people as not much transport here I think I only saw a few  jeepney  mostly tricycle it won’t be comfortable if you’re not used to it.  :P

Sta. Fe Church







Sugar Beach it a famous   Resort and they host now event for summer sports. Well a lot of people expect some sort of bikini show or beach party. I Guest that isn’t possible now is its STILL strictly banned =) I will not comment on that for now.
sugar beach front
Henna Tattoeing







Tent are ideal for adventurer and its more convenient, cheaper and you can just share to your friends. Hotel room are double charge this season even  on the fare ride, some foods, well more on Ice cubes, Entrance fee they have a good a reason it’s a holyweek. “quote” yeah well no choice. Tent rental space is 100 pesos per day and person 20pesos. If you don’t have a tent well they rent out tent too with mattress and pillow roughly 500/night.


Its Good Friday and I don’t expect I will eat some pork well I love more seafoods so I went to Bantayan and my companions went to Virgin Island  I been there but its like I feel more like going to Bantayan to see the fiesta and the church.
Virgin Island is a small islet with crystal white sand and clear sea water with a lot of coral reef ideal for snorkeling to get to island 1500 rental for boat and entrance fee is 100 each. You can ask for a free snorkeling if they let you.



Bantayan church

Bantayan Plaza






Going around Bantayan noon time is superb hot  so sore in eyes so bring with you your sunglasses and some sun block too. Went church, walk around plaza and the market place – wooooh so crowded smells dried fish anywhere and finally saw the seafoods like shells, seaweeds  and more. They have a already cooked so I bought them its very cheap I swear. I brought them back to Sugar beach.  Ride again Tricyle I feel uncomfortable its cost 25pesos fare from Bantayan – Sta. Fe about 20minutes ride.

2012 Bantayan Island Good Friday

plaza

Market

Merkado

lato - bantayan  / looks different from the one i used to eat.


Grrrr! Its hot now I think I need to soak on the beach. TARANG – I feel fine, relax and cool now. A couple of beer, picture taking, scenery view its very nice. Beach shoreline is very crowded  too many local tourist. Its good to play beach volley ball or just enjoy watching people and the view.


you can buy cold drinks here- store inside Sugar beach
 Frizbee- woot! Yes played it there too. I brought one.

During night time its cool to chilax – mean chilling and relax in the beach with fellow under the light of the candle dig into the sand. With right music and drinks. Talking about, a good laugh. It’s a good season looking up the sky on its shining moonlight and stars blink like saying have a good time.

sta.fe port view from sta. fe beach
    



All day long its another day travel 
worth the fun.

Well how about your trip?  Hope it goes well.

Godbless us in your journey.






Happy Holyweek and Rejoice its Easter Season.

=)